Become a Bucket Collection Volunteer!
Why is this role important?
Being a bucket collection volunteer not only helps raise money for Alex TLC but also helps to raise awareness for the charity. By having regular collections across your local area people will start to recognise Alex TLC and learn more about leukodystrophies.
The role may include:
- Booking collections in your local area
- Attending collections in superstores, football clubs, etc that have been arranged by Alex TLC
- Counting and banking the money after recording details of the collection and informing the charity
- As much or as little time as you can give with enthusiasm and willingness to get involved and become part of our team.
- You may need to work some evenings and weekends, depending on the collection times
Location of Volunteering
- In your local area
Are travel expenses reimbursed?
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed on production of a valid receipt or equivalent.
- Volunteers will be given a full induction once they have registered
- There will be mandatory training which includes health and safety, safe guarding and GDPR.
- Passionate about helping those affected by leukodystrophy
- Good communication
- Confident to talk about the charity to new people
What are the benefits to me?
- Meeting and working with new and inspiring people across the community
- The ability to volunteer around your own commitments
- Learning new skills whilst having fun!
- Adding to your CV
- Getting more involved in and making a difference to your local community
- Helping those affected by leukodystrophies