Back the 1 in 6 – Share Your Story
As part of their #BackThe1in6 campaign, Neurological Alliance are looking for people who are comfortable to be named, photographed and to talk to journalists about their experiences of living with a neurological condition, including potentially on camera. Details needed will include name, age, occupation and where you are from.
We’ve provided some more information about who they are looking to speak to and next steps below.
Neurological Alliance want to hear from people with experiences of the challenges identified through responses to My Neuro Survey including:
- delays to treatment and care, particularly people who have waited a long time for appointments with NHS specialists.
- a lack of mental health support
- a lack of information and support at diagnosis
- difficulties experienced by children, teenagers and their families in transitioning from paediatric to adult services
This could include:
- People living with a neurological condition
- Parents or guardians of children and young people living with neurological conditions
- Aged 18 or over (or parents/guardians must give permission for children or young people to share their experiences)
They are particularly interested in hearing from often underrepresented groups, including disabled people and/or people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds and the LGBTQIA+ community.
They’re looking for people from throughout England to ensure they can get the best local and national media coverage. Ideally they are looking for one or two people from each of the following regions:
- East of England
- North West
- North East
- South West
- South East (inc. London)
If you have a strong story to tell and are comfortable speaking to the media, please complete this form, which takes around two minutes. Orange Juice PR will then contact people to discuss their story and next steps in more detail.
The deadline for completing the form is Friday 26 May 2023.